Dear Internet Troll,
Tonight my balls dropped so I commented on YouTube's post about how you're going to have to sell your soul, or at least put up a video of a dead body in order to get enough views and subs to meet the monetization requirement.
Internet Troll, you came in and bitched and moaned about how I'm in it for the money, and how my shit videos won't make money.
Internet Troll I told you I wasn't in it for the money, but you insisted that was my reasoning so I reminded you that you don't know me and I'll have nothing else to say to you.
Internet Troll listen...
It's the principle of the matter, smaller content creators are constantly shitted on, why should I be punished because a millionaire YouTuber messed up? Why should YouTube take away what motivates me, why should I have to leap instead of casually making my way across some stepping stones? In the past year I've lost access to information cards and some other things, this was just the straw that broke the camel's back. And you know what, I decided I'm not cut out for YouTube, they will never appreciate me, and why should they appreciate this insignificant speck. I was going to stay in my lane (*cough*Twitchisbae*cough*), I was going to let one year of hard work shrivel up and die because I was done. Everything I was so excited about (getting 100 subbies to get my URL, reaching 113 when I never thought I would, getting to 4500 views, closer to the 10,000 mark) now meant nothing, it was as if YouTube had said "Fuck You," it's as if they knew that I was only doing it to see if I could and I felt like I couldn't so I was done!
But freakin you, Internet Troll!
You came in acting like you knew me better than I knew myself, and being the voice of the large companies and telling me to shut the hell up my opinion shouldn't matter. And I realized that I commented on a public post that will have millions of views so I was cool with that. You said that I wouldn't make 1 cent in 6 months when I'd already resolved to just leave the channel alone. You said my videos sucked and I agreed because I know the truth, I'm not delusional. But gaddamn! Then you said I wouldn't be great...
Honey.
Sweetie.
Never.
NEVER! Tell me that I wouldn't be great. I'm the person who pulled a scholarship out of my ass to get a Bachelor's degree in another country because someone told me that I wouldn't and that I couldn't. I'm the person who went from mediocre grades to Suma Cum Laude because I was told to apply for little back alley schools because it was the only way I would get accepted to one and thereby get a scholarship.
I would've been cool with sitting back, and letting you bash a year of hard work because I honestly did not care. I know me, I know my reasons so it was whatever.
BUT DO NOT TELL ME I WON'T BE GREAT! NEVER TELL ME I WOULDN'T MAKE IT because now Internet Troll, I have to prove you wrong.
Tonight my balls dropped so I commented on YouTube's post about how you're going to have to sell your soul, or at least put up a video of a dead body in order to get enough views and subs to meet the monetization requirement.
Internet Troll, you came in and bitched and moaned about how I'm in it for the money, and how my shit videos won't make money.
Internet Troll I told you I wasn't in it for the money, but you insisted that was my reasoning so I reminded you that you don't know me and I'll have nothing else to say to you.
Internet Troll listen...
It's the principle of the matter, smaller content creators are constantly shitted on, why should I be punished because a millionaire YouTuber messed up? Why should YouTube take away what motivates me, why should I have to leap instead of casually making my way across some stepping stones? In the past year I've lost access to information cards and some other things, this was just the straw that broke the camel's back. And you know what, I decided I'm not cut out for YouTube, they will never appreciate me, and why should they appreciate this insignificant speck. I was going to stay in my lane (*cough*Twitchisbae*cough*), I was going to let one year of hard work shrivel up and die because I was done. Everything I was so excited about (getting 100 subbies to get my URL, reaching 113 when I never thought I would, getting to 4500 views, closer to the 10,000 mark) now meant nothing, it was as if YouTube had said "Fuck You," it's as if they knew that I was only doing it to see if I could and I felt like I couldn't so I was done!
But freakin you, Internet Troll!
You came in acting like you knew me better than I knew myself, and being the voice of the large companies and telling me to shut the hell up my opinion shouldn't matter. And I realized that I commented on a public post that will have millions of views so I was cool with that. You said that I wouldn't make 1 cent in 6 months when I'd already resolved to just leave the channel alone. You said my videos sucked and I agreed because I know the truth, I'm not delusional. But gaddamn! Then you said I wouldn't be great...
Honey.
Sweetie.
Never.
NEVER! Tell me that I wouldn't be great. I'm the person who pulled a scholarship out of my ass to get a Bachelor's degree in another country because someone told me that I wouldn't and that I couldn't. I'm the person who went from mediocre grades to Suma Cum Laude because I was told to apply for little back alley schools because it was the only way I would get accepted to one and thereby get a scholarship.
I would've been cool with sitting back, and letting you bash a year of hard work because I honestly did not care. I know me, I know my reasons so it was whatever.
BUT DO NOT TELL ME I WON'T BE GREAT! NEVER TELL ME I WOULDN'T MAKE IT because now Internet Troll, I have to prove you wrong.
Comments
Post a Comment