Skip to main content

Why Am I Still Doing This???

What's up guys!

So it's been a little more than a year and I've been building my community. Looking at the stats across both my channels well...progress was made and I'm thankful for it, but I haven't made nearly as much progress as I would've liked to.

I've taken to logging my stats and analytics every month and I can definitely see some growth when looking at the numbers. But as far as engagement...

In I'm at the point in the content creation journey where I have no idea what to do. I've tried connecting with others through Twitter and Discord and their platforms (YouTube and Twitch), I've supported everyone as best I can but I get very little support myself.

I have acquired a few regulars on Twitch, awesome people whose streams I thoroughly enjoy, and others who are just watchers that I've made moderator on my channel. I average about 3 viewers per stream and I have to remind myself that I've only been at it for about 4 months. I can see that channel going somewhere, I can see the potential there and I love the community aspect of it.

YouTube on the other hand...I have no reason why I'm continuing to make YouTube videos. It's a good day when I get a view that is not my own and likes and comments are a dream. At this point I'm beginning to think that it's time consuming and taking away from the channel that's actually going somewhere. AND there's the matter of the constant changes in partnership qualifications.

At this point in my constant whining about YouTube we're both wondering why I'm continuing to create content, upload it, and add cards and end notes and then pray for the best that I know will not happen.

I believe it is because YouTube is where I started, and I hate to start anything and not see it through. I love the series I've got running on the channel as well. At this point it's just Sims 4 content because none of my other games (Niche and Ark) seem to want to work on my computer.

When will I stop?

At this point, I'm thinking it's when I get my Comet Cometh Legacy to Generation Z.

Lesson learned: it's good to show love and support to your friends and community members, but you can't leave yourself out. I believe that I need to focus more on both of my channels rather than putting so much emphasis on other people's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Noob

"Hey everyone, Kaje here and I am failing at life!" Yeah. That's how I started my very first YouTube video on December 29th, 2016, the day after my 26th birthday.  This was not my first attempt at YouTube either. The very first attempt was a flop! I tried makeup tutorials because that is what I was in to at the time and it was awesome watching my favorite MUAs like Tatyana Ward aka BeatFaceHoney and QueenOfBlending pump out video after video while I tried (and failed) to recreate their looks. Years later I'm not a pro but I can blend like a champ!  Gaming on the other hand was something I was always passionate about and I could lose hours watching people play video games be it their favorites, new games or my favorite games (always The Sims!!!). I was sitting in my little room in an apartment I shared with a friend, it was the last few months of my second college adventure and I had all these plans! I would move to Canada with my cousin and while I wai...

When Worse comes to Worst

It's been a minute since the last time I wrote, that's because a lot has happened. Once again my channel is down in the dumps because of consistency, but this time things are beyond my control. In the past few weeks, I had no internet access for a whole month (August) because the only technician of the only internet provider on the entire island was on vacation. A few weeks after it came up (I was making only Niche videos), along comes Hurricane Irma. I had to pack my laptop away and secure it. My island got only tropical storm type winds, but my entire room was packed up. Fast forward to this week. I made an Ark video that go 3 views, my Niche videos weren't faring much better (they were rushed just so that I could have something up in case of storm). I recorded an Ark video and deleted the entire thing because nothing was going as planned in the video. To say that I was frustrated would be the biggest understatement ever in the history of understatements! After a se...

Community or Nah?

You may be asking "Kaje, what do you mean by community?" Well, a community (or team) is a group of people who are all trying to grow their channels. It requires mutual support, that is, you should at least watch and leave a like on other community members' videos. If these members use Twitter or Tumblr, you should retweet or (Tumblr's equivalent) of posts with their latest videos. "Are you saying that I should join a community?" Nope. I'm saying to each his own.  Every community is different and every person's experience will be different. Personally, I'm an introvert with terrible social skills (but I'm really good at faking otherwise). I decided that I would try out this community thing because why not? I found 13 reasons why to not....okay, not really but I could not pass up the opportunity to say that. Disclaimer: I'm in a pretty good community with a lot of awesome people, however, like everything in life there are pros a...