It's been a minute since the last time I wrote, that's because a lot has happened.
Once again my channel is down in the dumps because of consistency, but this time things are beyond my control. In the past few weeks, I had no internet access for a whole month (August) because the only technician of the only internet provider on the entire island was on vacation. A few weeks after it came up (I was making only Niche videos), along comes Hurricane Irma. I had to pack my laptop away and secure it. My island got only tropical storm type winds, but my entire room was packed up.
Fast forward to this week. I made an Ark video that go 3 views, my Niche videos weren't faring much better (they were rushed just so that I could have something up in case of storm). I recorded an Ark video and deleted the entire thing because nothing was going as planned in the video. To say that I was frustrated would be the biggest understatement ever in the history of understatements!
After a series of angsty tweets I took a step back and looked at the situation, and realized that this wasn't the first time it happened, sure everything was falling to shit longer than they had before, but THIS WAS NOT THE FIRST TIME!
Last time things got better and there's no reason why they won't again.
I decided that I'm just in another rut, oh well, they happen. Even the great Sl1pg8r went through one where he quit YouTube for a whole year, and then there's me whose still just a beginner with shit equipment and 0 skills.
IT WILL GET BETTER!!!
That being said, I decided that I will record and stream when I can--even if it's only once a week. When my situation improves I'll be more consistent.
The bottom line is, if things are out of your control, stressing about it can only help to make things worse. HANG IN THERE!
Once again my channel is down in the dumps because of consistency, but this time things are beyond my control. In the past few weeks, I had no internet access for a whole month (August) because the only technician of the only internet provider on the entire island was on vacation. A few weeks after it came up (I was making only Niche videos), along comes Hurricane Irma. I had to pack my laptop away and secure it. My island got only tropical storm type winds, but my entire room was packed up.
Fast forward to this week. I made an Ark video that go 3 views, my Niche videos weren't faring much better (they were rushed just so that I could have something up in case of storm). I recorded an Ark video and deleted the entire thing because nothing was going as planned in the video. To say that I was frustrated would be the biggest understatement ever in the history of understatements!
After a series of angsty tweets I took a step back and looked at the situation, and realized that this wasn't the first time it happened, sure everything was falling to shit longer than they had before, but THIS WAS NOT THE FIRST TIME!
Last time things got better and there's no reason why they won't again.
I decided that I'm just in another rut, oh well, they happen. Even the great Sl1pg8r went through one where he quit YouTube for a whole year, and then there's me whose still just a beginner with shit equipment and 0 skills.
IT WILL GET BETTER!!!
That being said, I decided that I will record and stream when I can--even if it's only once a week. When my situation improves I'll be more consistent.
The bottom line is, if things are out of your control, stressing about it can only help to make things worse. HANG IN THERE!
Comments
Post a Comment