Skip to main content

What Blogger Taught me about YouTube

Patience.

I have a blog that I've been working on since about 2011ish...the backstory? I was living in an apartment with a cousin who drove me crazy while I battled the depression that came with being in a city I hated, at a college I did not want to be at, things weren't going will with my friends, I had lost my independence and on top of all that MY COUSIN WAS DRIVING ME INSANE!

Writing was always an outlet for me, I can sit around and write for hours and thus Bitchology 101 was born! The very first bitch I wrote about was a Frankenstein of my cousin and my "friends" through frustrated eyes. Of course I graduated college, moved back into my mother's house (last place in the world I ever want to be!), life happened and I got too busy for the blog. I did not check it again until 2014 when I went to college and my mind was blown by how popular it became (around the same time one of my Sims stories had blown up in Japan)...what did I do about this? Write an entry and forget about it again (because college man!).  And when I began this blog I checked it again and added two new entries.

YouTube success won't happen overnight is what I learned, especially when you're gaming rather than vlogging. Sometimes I have 0 views for days and I average at about 6 views (for months!) and to be honest, there's times when I'm like this is pointless, why am I doing this? And then one very awesome person will pop up and leave me a comment, or a video will just take off and get more than a hundred views for no reason (Niche Mountain Update - 1 | Twins & Albinism I'm taking about you!) and I'm like yes, this is why!

I also really like gaming and have made up my mind that if I play a game, I'll record and upload the content because at some point somebody who likes the same game or just likes something about my video will show up.

Bottom line is: stick with it, even if you're just doing it for yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Noob

"Hey everyone, Kaje here and I am failing at life!" Yeah. That's how I started my very first YouTube video on December 29th, 2016, the day after my 26th birthday.  This was not my first attempt at YouTube either. The very first attempt was a flop! I tried makeup tutorials because that is what I was in to at the time and it was awesome watching my favorite MUAs like Tatyana Ward aka BeatFaceHoney and QueenOfBlending pump out video after video while I tried (and failed) to recreate their looks. Years later I'm not a pro but I can blend like a champ!  Gaming on the other hand was something I was always passionate about and I could lose hours watching people play video games be it their favorites, new games or my favorite games (always The Sims!!!). I was sitting in my little room in an apartment I shared with a friend, it was the last few months of my second college adventure and I had all these plans! I would move to Canada with my cousin and while I wai...

When Worse comes to Worst

It's been a minute since the last time I wrote, that's because a lot has happened. Once again my channel is down in the dumps because of consistency, but this time things are beyond my control. In the past few weeks, I had no internet access for a whole month (August) because the only technician of the only internet provider on the entire island was on vacation. A few weeks after it came up (I was making only Niche videos), along comes Hurricane Irma. I had to pack my laptop away and secure it. My island got only tropical storm type winds, but my entire room was packed up. Fast forward to this week. I made an Ark video that go 3 views, my Niche videos weren't faring much better (they were rushed just so that I could have something up in case of storm). I recorded an Ark video and deleted the entire thing because nothing was going as planned in the video. To say that I was frustrated would be the biggest understatement ever in the history of understatements! After a se...

Community or Nah?

You may be asking "Kaje, what do you mean by community?" Well, a community (or team) is a group of people who are all trying to grow their channels. It requires mutual support, that is, you should at least watch and leave a like on other community members' videos. If these members use Twitter or Tumblr, you should retweet or (Tumblr's equivalent) of posts with their latest videos. "Are you saying that I should join a community?" Nope. I'm saying to each his own.  Every community is different and every person's experience will be different. Personally, I'm an introvert with terrible social skills (but I'm really good at faking otherwise). I decided that I would try out this community thing because why not? I found 13 reasons why to not....okay, not really but I could not pass up the opportunity to say that. Disclaimer: I'm in a pretty good community with a lot of awesome people, however, like everything in life there are pros a...